ALL BRITISH FOOD.COM
British Beef Recipes
British Chicken Recipes
British Fish and Seafood Recipes
British Fruit Recipes
British Lamb Recipes
British Offal Recipes
British Pasta and Rice Recipes
British Pork Recipes
British Turkey Recipes
British Vegetable Recipes
British Bread Recipes
British Biscuit Recipes
British Cake Recipes
British Cheesecake Recipes
British Desert Recipes
British Pie Recipes
British Pudding Recipes
British Pickle Recipes
British Jam Recipes
British Chutney Recipes
Strawberry Cheesecake recipe
serves 10 - 12
for the base
3/4 stick (6 Tbsp) 75 g butter or margarine
1/3 cup (75 g) 3 oz caster sugar (superfine granulated)
175 g digestive biscuits, finely crushed
for the filling
450 g full fat soft cheese
4 eggs, separated
1 cup (225 g) 12 lb caster sugar (superfine granulated)
grated rind and juice of 1 orange
300 ml double or whipping cream
30 g powdered gelatine
6 tbsp water
225 g strawberries, hulled and chopped
for the topping
300 ml double or whipping cream, whipped
350 g strawberries
1. First make the Filling, soften the cheese in a large mixing bowl. Beat in the egg yolks, 100g4oz of the sugar, the orange rind and juice, and the cream.
2. Put the gelatine and water into a small heatproof bowl over a saucepan of hot water and stir until the gelatine has dissolved.
3. Beat the gelatine into the cheese mixture. Leave on one side until the mixture is on the point of setting.
4. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then whisk in the remaining caster sugar. Fold lightly but thoroughly into the cheese mixture, together with the chopped strawberries.
5. Spoon the mixture into a greased deep 25 cm10 inch ring mould and shake the mould gently to level the surface.
6. Melt the butter or margarine and sugar in a saucepan over a gentle heat and stir in the biscuit crumbs.
7. Sprinkle evenly over the filling and press the biscuit mixture down very lightly. Chill for 3-4 hours or until the filling is set.
8. Ease the sides of the mould carefully away from the cheesecake and invert the set cheesecake onto a plate.
9. Pipe with the whipped cream and fill the centre of the cheesecake ring with whole strawberries.