ALL BRITISH FOOD.COM
British Beef Recipes
British Chicken Recipes
British Fish and Seafood Recipes
British Fruit Recipes
British Lamb Recipes
British Offal Recipes
British Pasta and Rice Recipes
British Pork Recipes
British Turkey Recipes
British Vegetable Recipes
British Bread Recipes
British Biscuit Recipes
British Cake Recipes
British Cheesecake Recipes
British Desert Recipes
British Pie Recipes
British Pudding Recipes
British Pickle Recipes
British Jam Recipes
British Chutney Recipes
Spring Vegetable Omelette recipe
Spring Vegetable Omelette
Spring greens, or unhearted young cabbages, can usually be found in the shops all year round, despite their name. They need only light cooking and should keep a bit of crunch.
225 g (8 oz) spring greens, prepared and finely shredded
1 medium onion, skinned and thinly sliced
salt and pepper
15 g (1/2 oz) butter
3 tomatoes, cut into eighths
100 g (4 oz) frozen sweetcorn kernels
1. Blanch the spring greens and onion in boiling salted water for 3 minutes. Drain well.
2. Put in a 20.5 cm (8 inch) dry omelette pan and cook, stirring, over a medium heat for 3-5 minutes, to evaporate excess moisture.
3. Add the butter and fry for about 8 minutes, until the greens are just tender.
4. Add the tomatoes to the pan with the sweetcorn and cook, stirring, for a further 3 minutes. Season.
5. Lightly whisk the eggs with seasoning, then pour over the vegetables. Cook for about 5 minutes or until just set, stirring once or twice to allow the egg mixture to run through the vegetables.
6. Flash under the grill until the surface begins to brown. Cut in half and serve at once.