1. Season the chops or cutlets to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then dust with flour, shaking off any excess flour.
2. Mix together the breadcrumbs and freshly grated Parmesan cheese on a plate; lightly beat the egg on a second plate. Dip each chop in egg and then in the crumb and cheese mixture until thoroughly coated.
3. Heat the butter and olive oil in a large frying-pan until very hot. Add the chops or cutlets and cook over high heat for 2 minutes each side, then lower the heat to moderate and cook until the coating is golden and the chops are done to your liking, carefully turning once more. Drain on absorbent paper.
4. Decorate the exposed bones with cutlet frills, and serve at once, garnished with lemon wedges and finely chopped parsley.
• Alternatively, the chops or cutlets can be deep fried for 3 - 5 minutes in oil heated to 180C (350F).